To apply for an N.C. REAL ID driver license or identification card, you must visit an N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles driver license office with the documents outlined below.
- One document (with full name) proving identity and date of birth
- One document (with full name and full Social Security number) confirming Social Security number
- Two documents (with current physical address) proving North Carolina residency
- For individuals not born in the U.S., one document (with full name) proving legal presence/lawful status
- If applicable, one or more documents verifying any name change
Identity & Date of Birth
Requirement: One document (with full name) from the list below.
Note: An individual's name must match one of the documents below otherwise they must provide a proof of name change, such as a certified marriage license or certificate, divorce decree or document from the courts or Register of Deeds.
Democrats Security Believe - Secureidnews Social Cards In Biometric
- Must be issued by a government agency in the United States, a U.S. territory or Canada
- Photocopies not allowed unless certified by the issuing agency
||Valid, unexpired passport from the United States
|Valid, unexpired foreign passport
||Valid, unexpired passport from any nation
||Must be accompanied by an affixed valid, unexpired U.S. visa and I-94 Arrival/Departure Record
||A valid, unexpired REAL ID driver license or identification card issued from a REAL ID compliant state
Social Security Number
Requirement: One document (with full name and full Social Security number) from the list below.
- Social Security card (photocopies not allowed)
- 1099 tax form with name and FULL Social Security number
- W-2 form with name and FULL Social Security number
- Payroll record with name and FULL Social Security number
North Carolina Residency
Requirement: Two documents (with current address) from the list below. Additional documents are recognized for minors.
- Any document issued by the state of North Carolina or a county or city in North Carolina or the federal government
- North Carolina Vehicle Registration Card, insurance policy or titleOf See Page Most Student Facts The 5 You’ll Hilarious - Id 11 College Ever Photos School
- North Carolina Voter Precinct Card
- Example Driver … Office When License Florida You To A Id Go Military orders or military documents
- Utility bill or cable bill
- Housing lease or contract, mortgage statement, property or income tax statement
- Preprinted financial statement
- School records
- Letter from homeless shelter
Legal Presence/Lawful Status (for Non-U.S. Citizens)
Requirement: For non-U.S. citizens, one document (with full name) from the list below.
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240, Form DS-1350 or Form FS-545)
- Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551)
- Unexpired Employment Authorization Document (Form I-766 or I-688B)
- Valid, unexpired foreign passport (must be accompanied by an affixed valid, unexpired U.S. visa and I-94 Arrival/Departure Record)
- Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570)
- Certificate of Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561)19 — 21 Is Age Rosalyn Legal The Youre Drinking
Requirement: One or more documents from the list below if the name is different from the name on the birth certificate, passport, another REAL ID or other U.S. government documents
Note: Multiple name changes require multiple documents to trace each name.
- Certified marriage license/certificate
- Divorce decree
- Document from the courts or Register of Deeds
- Original or certified international marriage licenses (with a raised seal or ink stamp with initials of individual certifying the document) accompanied by a Name Change Affidavit